Friday, November 21, 2008

Thanksgiving - My favorite Holiday

As I was coming home from the store today, it hit me that I have a freezer so full I can't get anything else in it. My cupboard shelves are full with no room for more canned goods and I just spent $154.00 for groceries. That is on top of my monthly shopping I already did at the first of the month. I called Andrea and asked her to ponder this situation and if she had an answer to please let me know. She laughed so hard I don't think the blood could get to her head for her to come up with an answer. I think we already know the answer. It is Thanksgiving. My idea of the very best holiday. Usually we have a beautiful fall day. (No over the river and through the woods in a horse drawn sleigh in Kansas. However I do remember one Thanksgiving that we got a bad snow storm and we were to go to one of the grandparents. Of course, Mother had done a lot of cooking to take along. We ended up riding to Finks east of us on a tractor pulled conveyance. Deets also went along. Everyone took the food they had prepared.) To me that is Thanksgiving. Lots of people, relatives or not, lots of food, fun, visiting, card games, leaves crunching on the ground. One year when Jennifer and Bryan Gibson were little, we buried them and their dad, Jim, in the pile of leaves in the garden. There's a picture of that somewhere. Thanksgiving fills my soul with joy. It is the perfect time to embrace family and friends with no pressure of giving the right gift. Just the gift of loving each other and sharing. (by Aunt Anita)

No comments:

Post a Comment