Thursday, November 13, 2008

The correct story of the meatloaf !!!!!

Now I know how family history gets screwed up. How do you know what to believe. It's a good thing the person who knows the truth about this crucial matter is still alive. I mean what could be more important in our lineage than the truth of the meatloaf recipe. Andrea said Mother told her that she "thought" that it was Grandma's recipe and she got it from the Capper's Weekly. Well, I "know" where the recipe came from and I will share this all important truth with you. TA DA!!
We were still living on the farm but we did have our first TV. During the noon news, in those days, they would have a short cooking portion and a lady would share a recipe and demonstrate making it. I was home by myself (or I wouldn't have been watching TV) and a lady made this particular meatloaf. I wrote down the recipe and asked Mother if I could make it. She said yes and it has been THE meatloaf recipe ever since. Uncle Cliff was also not a fan of meatloaf but admits that he likes this one. It along with a baked potato and home canned green beans is one of my "comfort meals". I also like it sliced, heated and used in a sandwich with mustard. I always make extra sauce and hold some back to serve with the meatloaf. I am hoping that between us 4 girls, we can get the family story written correctly.

1 comment:

  1. O.KAYYYYYYYYYYYY, so you were watching T.V and weren't supposed to be? Now we know why the truth has only come out now that Mother is gone, you would have been in trouble for watching T.V. :) LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete