Friday, January 9, 2009

In Remembrance

I was reminded as I was paying bills yesterday that it is one year ago Sun. that Mother passed away. The 8th is when she fell. In remembering those days, I was reminded of the great “going home service” my sisters planned. I thought it would be fitting to put two of Mothers favorite songs on our music box. These two that were played during the funeral service. Tennessee Waltz, (I really liked this rendition as it is a piano solo and made me think of times when Mother would request that we girls play something she specifically liked on the piano), I think she would have like this rendition. The Orange Blossom Special, which closed the service, causing everyone to leave the sanctuary with a smile on their face isn’t the Flatt and Scruggs version I prefer, but you can’t go wrong with Charlie Daniels either.

No comments:

Post a Comment